BSocSc. MSc. PhD.
In a digital age of too much information it is easy to "over share" what is personal.
However my story and background shaped who I am and what I do today. Being open about it is important for those I may work with. My good friend Liz Hall from "Coaching at Work" once asked me to share my story. You can read what Liz wrote about it here.
Otherwise, here are a few points of interest about me:
I was born and brought up in Uganda, and was educated in Uganda, Kenya and the UK. I have worked for many years in business, international organisations, consulting and organisation development with people from across the world.
This has exposed me to the many roles and experiences that shaped who I am and what I do today:
A mentor of senior leaders and other highly skilled professionals
An organisation development consultant
A designer and facilitator of learning and of dialogue
An educator and tutor
A writer and published author
An accredited executive coach.
My work contexts and responsibilities have been varied. I have worked as a deputy secretary general for the International Federation, and as an NGO director in Africa. I have led assignments involving international businesses, organisations, agencies and NGOs in Europe, the US, Africa and Asia and worked in an advisory capacity on strategy organisation and leadership development assignments across the world.
I have also learned from all my previous employers and colleagues in:
- marketing sales and brand management at Unilever
- marketing strategic and business improvement operations and due diligence work in PWC
- CRM and Dotcom era start-ups with SalesPathways
- consulting, education and research at Ashridge Business School in the UK
- public health with doctoral students at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical medicine
In 2008 – I set up Quilibra Ltd - a Euro-African coaching and programme design and facilitation consultancy based in the UK. Today I work as an OD consultant, a coach/mentor and advisor and as a learning designer and facilitator through Quilibra and with Partners in Europe and Africa.
Quilibra has designed and delivered assignments stretching into Asia, Africa, the US, Russia and across Europe. Recent assignments have included:
- Leading, designing and co-delivering the "Managing for Leaders in Science" programme for tenure track professors at a leading university in Switzerland
- Co designing and directing "The Accelerated Development Programme" for international managers in international organisations – in Geneva
- Leading the team that designed and delivered The Malaria Capacity Development Consortium (MCDC) Leadership Development Programme for Post-Doctoral Scientists – delivered across Africa and in Europe
- Designing and delivering a "People Leadership and Management" (PLM) Programme for an international humanitarian organisation
- Delivering seminars and webinars as an external tutor on "networks; governance; project management; finance" as part of the management and leadership streams of the Doctorate in Public Health at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine in London
As a writer, author and speaker I have contributed to a book on coaching and co-authored a book on leadership. I also write reflective poetry, an occasional blog, and contribute to learning programmes and conferences.
My focus is on helping senior leaders and other organisation-based learners to develop the skills, knowledge, practices, behaviours and capabilities they need to be effective within their fast changing and complex working environments.
Convening Educating Writing